Friday, April 29, 2005

Ever Longed For An Idea?

Where Do Ideas Come From?

Have you ever looked at someone else’s success and asked yourself, “Why didn’t I think of that?” Or are you perhaps the guy who thinks up a new invention but never acts on it only to get it rubbed in your face when you see it being pitched on a television infomercial months or years later?

Or are you someone who simply wonders where all those ideas come from?

If I’m known for anything it’s the thousands of ideas I come up with for poems, stories, song lyrics, and inventions. While most of the world may not know my work, my friends are always asking, “Billy, how do you come up with so many new ideas?”

“Creativity begets creativity,” I always answer. You see, the more you exercise your creative muscles the more you create and the easier it becomes to create more. It’s a rare day that I don’t write two or three poems or pen a few hundred words in one of the two or three novels I work on simultaneously. You see, I’m not frustrated by a lack of ideas as much as I am a lack of time to complete them all. And I’ve lots of ideas for products, services, and businesses that few have ever done before.

But I’ve still not told you where my ideas come from, have I?

Right in front of my face. Every idea I get comes from things I see everyday and my own view of the world in which I live. How many times have you slaved away at a task you had to do while thinking, There has to be a better way?

You see: Necessity is indeed the mother of invention, and all one needs to do is look no farther than your own life to discover the next RONCO Pocket Fisherman, George Foreman Grill, or plot for your next novel. As a matter of fact: If you’re searching the world for the next big idea in hopes that it will be the next big thing then you’re wasting you time and energy.

Over the course of my time here at Idea Consultants I’m going to start tossing-out ideas I have for new products, new books, small businesses, and even large businesses. Most of them are things lots of people could be doing so there’s no real need to be the first in the world as long as you get up and running quick enough to establish yourself in your local area and most areas could use several of most of the ideas I’ll give you.

I’ll also pass along a few tips to help you get more readers to your blog or website.