Friday, April 29, 2005

Tom Trainor ROCKER HEAVEN / apocalyptic satire / thewaryeye.com/press

Author, photographer, systems theorist, linguist, friend.

One of my first experiences with Tom was when he and I drove from Boston, down to Manhattan, where he was to deliver his PhD dissertation to NYU, in quadruplicate if my memory serves. When we got there, we parked near Central Park and he showed me his old hangouts, and a fair portion of the Upper East Side.

When we returned, his trunk was popped, and his dissertations were stolen. We checked dumpsters a while and gave up. All was not lost, however, as he had placed the original under the front seat.

During the next few years, he was always a good sounding board and inspiration, helping me to get through the traumas of university life.

Check out his astonishing first novel, Rocker Heaven.